I'm stumped. Any ideas why Recabinet is causing the horrible noise on the second clip:http://www.box.com/s/iqdz6mk6obx4xt3v3rfr
First section: Revalver with a built-in Revalver IR - no noise.
Second section: Revalver with Recabinet 3.04 64 - horrible clipping type noise.
- Revalver cab obviously turned off
- Devildriver preset, downloaded from here (just to make sure I'm not screwing something up.)
- Same result with any other Recab 3 cab types I've tried
I *thought* this started happening when I switched from an Edirol interface to a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. But re-tested with the old Edirol interface, same noise.
Troubleshooting steps I've covered:
- Scarlett updated to latest (2012) 2.3 drivers - no change.
- Tried with Recabinet 3.04 64 bit, 3.03 64 bit, 3.04 32bit, 3.01 - same noise.
(It suprises the hell out of me that 3.01 is doing this now. I've used it extensively previously.)
- Tried with Revalver, TSE X30, Guitar Rig. Any amp sim, same results.
- No noise when using Recab 2 impulses with LePou LeCab. It's Recab 3 specific.
- Recording/output levels are not clipping (as the first, noise free, riff illustrates.)
-Intel i5 2500, 8Gb, Win 7 64. (Sufficient CPU juice.)
-Focusrite Scarlett 8i6.
-Reaper 64, tested with the last three versions up to 4.15, all do the same, but only with Recab 3.
Like I said, I'm stumped. Thoughts?